ALEC is Seeking a Treasurer
About this opportunity:
The Arid Lands Environment Centre (ALEC) is seeking a treasurer to join our Board, a dynamic, smart and diverse team who have fun whilst governing ALEC with integrity for sustainability. We meet approximately monthly, and with the AGM coming up in November we’d be keen to hear from you if you the role appeals to you or if you are interested in joining the Board in another capacity.
ALEC is the largest Environment Centre in the NT, and has worked consistently for 38 years to enhance the environment of arid regions of Australia. ALEC’s portfolio of initiatives supports the sustainability of communities and country across desert Australia.
- Provides advice on financial reporting to assist the Board of Management to meet its governance accountabilities
- Attends to matters before the Board with care and diligence
- Contributes to strategic planning and the achievement of ALECs vision and goals
- Examines proposals to test whether they are in the best financial interest of ALEC
This includes reviewing financial policies, procedures and financial controls, working with the Business Manager to set an annual budget and financial strategy and ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place.
From time to time, Board members are asked to undertake specific activities outside meetings to help achieve strategic objectives.
The capabilities expected include, but are not limited to:
- Willingness to become a member of ALEC
- Collaborative and participative approach
- Accounting / finance related skills and experience or interest and capacity to acquire this
- Honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Leadership and initiative
- Commitment and passion
ALEC is also seeking new Board Members to contribute to the sustainability of the organisation.
Please email ALEC Chair Jodi Lennox for more information email@example.com