ALEC's small but dedicated team works tirelessly towards its vision of 'healthy futures for arid lands and people'. ALEC seeks to make a real difference and is a dynamic and family-friendly workplace.
ALEC is seeking to employ a part-time Communications and Campaigns Manager, 0.8FTE (4 days per week). The Communications and Campaigns Manager role requires an energetic, creative and collaborative person willing to work in a dynamic and purposeful workplace to help deliver on our strategic goals.
The work will involve:
- Content development for websites and social media
- Campaign and supporter emails
- Event promotion and delivery support
- Writing and editing media releases
- Overview of organisational and team communications
- Contribute to organisational and campaign strategic planning and implementation
0.8 FTE $65 000 pro rata • 5 weeks annual leave • Flexible, family-friendly workplace
There is a strong possibility that this role could become full time in 2020/21.
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in writing media releases and web content
- Web and social media savvy
- Good computer and word processing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in environmental and/or social justice campaigns
- NT Drivers Licence
- Experience with the Nationbuilder platform
- Experience with workflow software eg. Asana
- Design/desktop publishing skills and experience
- Experience in developing video and audio content
- Experience in promoting and organising events
Applications must include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, a current CV with at least two references and an indication of availability to start.
Email applications and queries to Jimmy Cocking, CEO firstname.lastname@example.org, 0423511931 (business hours only) Applications close by midnight (NT) Sunday March 22nd 2020
If you are interested in volunteering for ALEC please click here