ALEC's small but dedicated team works tirelessly towards its vision of 'healthy futures for arid lands and people'. ALEC seeks to make a real difference and is a dynamic and family-friendly workplace.
Community Engagement Coordinator - Alice Springs Future Grid
- Work Type: Part Time 0.7 FTE (26.25 hrs per week)
- Start date: successful applicant must commence no later than 31 January 2021
- Location: Alice Springs
- Salary: $75,000 to $90,000, commensurate with experience
The Arid Lands Environment Centre has been contracted by Desert Knowledge Australia to lead community engagement elements of the Alice Springs Future Grid project. The project aims to resolve renewable energy barriers on the Alice Springs grid to enable 50% renewable energy penetration by 2030.
The Community Engagement Coordinator role will support ALEC to:
- Deliver broad community engagement across Alice Springs on the Future Grid project
- Recruit and manage households to install batteries and pilot a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)
- Facilitate school and business energy monitoring
- Undertake a low socio-economic study to identify renewable energy barriers and opportunities for that sector
- Provide community engagement for a wind energy study being undertaken by a project partner
Please get in touch if you'd like to find out about volunteering opportunities with ALEC.