ALEC's small but dedicated team works tirelessly towards its vision of 'healthy futures for arid lands and people'. ALEC seeks to make a real difference and is a dynamic and family-friendly workplace.
ALEC Communications Officer 0.4FTE
The Arid Lands Environment Centre is Central Australia’s own environmental organisation. Since 1980, ALEC has worked to protect the environment and support sustainable and resilient communities in the outback.
Located in Alice Springs, ALEC campaigns to stop polluting and damaging projects, supports local food production and community gardens, advocates for better environmental policy, organises events and engages the community to take action towards our vision of ‘healthy futures for arid lands and people.’ www.alec.org.au
ALEC is seeking to employ a part-time Communications Officer, 0.4FTE (2 days per week). The Communications Officer role requires a creative and collaborative person willing to work in a dynamic and purposeful workplace to help deliver on our strategic goals.
The work will involve:
- Content development for websites and social media
- Campaign and supporter emails
- Event promotion and support
- Writing and editing media releases
- Overview of organisational and team communications
- 0.4 FTE $60 000 pro rata • 5 weeks annual leave • Flexible, family-friendly workplace
- Excellent writing skills
Experience in writing media releases and web content
- Web and social media savvy
- Good computer and word processing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of and care for environmental and/or social issues
- NT Drivers Licence
- Experience with the Nationbuilder platform
- Design/desktop publishing skills and experience
- Experience in developing video and audio content
- Event promotion experience
Applications must include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, a current CV with at least two references and an indication of availability to start.
Email applications and queries to Jimmy Cocking, CEO email@example.com, 0423511931 (business hours only) Applications close by 5pm (NT) Friday August 23rd 2019
If you are interested in volunteering for ALEC please click here