Write a letter to Northern Territory Environment Minister Lauren Moss urging her to not approve the Tellus Chandler Salt Mine and Hazardous Waste Facility.
Concerns over project include:
- Claims of misleading consultation with Titjikala residents
- Types of hazardous waste to be stored including fracking waste
- Long term responsibility of waste management
- Risk of accidents and spillage at the site
- Transportation of toxic chemicals on local roads and railway
- Inadequate regulations to ensure safety and compliance
- Suitability of the site to host toxic waste forever
- No legislated guarantee that nuclear waste won’t be stored at the site in the future
Read the ALEC Submission on the projects Draft Environmental Impact Statement here
Watch the ABC News Channel interview with ALEC's Strategy and Communications Manager Nicole Pietsch on community concerns over the proposal.
Write a letter to Environment Minister Minister Lauren Moss directly to her email Minister.Moss@nt.gov.au, or use our template below.