Update from the Community Garden
- Working bees continue every Sunday morning from 8-10. Always good things to do and great to see old and new faces.
- Plot holders have been busy adding manure and compost to their beds. Looks like a great week to get on with autumn plantings with cooler weather and hopefully rain.
- Still one or two plots available for leasing! Contact email@example.com to express your interest.
- Two new raised garden beds suitable for wheelchair users are almost ready.
- Exciting combined Autumn Garden Fair and Pakistan Project Fundraiser for Farida Khawaja will be held on Saturday 14th April. Stay posted.
- Work starts next week on the groundworks for the new kitchen/office and disabled toilet at the Garden.
- Regular Garden newsletters are in the pipeline. Send your suggestions for a catchy name for the newsletter to Kim Mackay at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upcoming Garden committee meeting next Tuesday 13th at 5pm at the Garden. New members and visitors welcome.
Next Garden social evening will be held on Friday 23rd of March at 5pm, instead of the last Friday of the month due to Easter.
- Keep updated via our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AliceCommunityGarden/
Protecting the outback and catalysing the essential change needed to tackle climate change and create a sustainable future is a big task and we need your support to do it. Sign up here for more information on how you can support the work of the Arid Lands Environment Centre