Co-hosted by NTCOSS, Jesuit Social Services and the Arid Lands Environment Centre, the event will bring together diverse actors across the Territory who can play a role in doing and influencing adaptation work for our communities. The workshop will frame the challenges, drawing on examples from the Victorian experience to consider what is possible in the NT and how we can work together to scale-up capacity and action.
The agenda includes:
- Understanding the state of adaptation in the NT
- Case study: successes and challenges from Victoria
- Discussion: opportunities for the Territory
- Q&A and next steps
Our Victorian guests bring a breadth of experience in climate change adaptation work and community resilience-building:
- Professor Lauren Rickards – RMIT in the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies, Interim Director of the Urban Futures ECP and co-leader of the Climate Change Transformations research program
- Ben Latham – Policy Advisor at the Victorian Council of Social Service
- Susie Moloney – Executive Director of the Centre for Just Places, Jesuit Social Services
- David Meiklejohn – Executive Officer of the Northern Alliance for Greenhouse Action and the Coordinator of Climate Emergency Australia
- Bronwyn Lay – Climate Justice and Disaster Response Lead, Federation of Community Legal Centres and Ecological Justice Coordinator, Jesuit Social Services
Please register at www.trybooking.com/BSWIJ to confirm your attendance and receive the Zoom link.