Members and supporters are at the heart of ALEC, as we collectively work towards protecting the arid lands and growing sustainable communities.
With the government trying to expand fracking in 2021 and urgent climate action required, arid lands and communities face challenges. However there is power in us working together and we will continue to have a significant impact.
As a member you will receive our regular Thorny e-newsletter, discounts at ALEC workshops and events and voting rights at the ALEC AGM. You are also welcome to apply to be part of the ALEC governance team by becoming a Board member.
If you share our vision for 'healthy futures for arid lands and people', please consider making a donation. We are a small team that has a big impact regionally and we rely on the generosity of the community to advocate, campaign, educate, organise and catalyse change in the outback.
Other ways you can get involved
- Become a Desert Defender and help provide the critical funds to keep us standing up strong for the desert country. Or speak to us about any fundraising ideas you have.
- Fundraise with us. Recently an ALEC member held an art-sale and donated some of the proceeds to ALEC - it was a great success.
- Volunteer. Get hands-on with volunteering through the Community Garden, help out at Food for Alice or contribute admin skills.
Thanks again for your support.
Become a Garden User
**Garden user membership has reached capacity for 2021. Please check back later in the year.**
We have created a waiting list for individuals who are interested in being a garden member in the future. Please email [email protected] to be put on the waiting list.
As an active member of ALEC, you are now entitled to purchase an additional Alice Springs Community Garden User membership. It’s a great way to get involved with the community without the ongoing responsibility of maintaining an individual plot. As a Garden User, you can:
- Participate in working bees and social events
- Garden in the communal beds
- Receive newsletters and updates
- Nominate to join the Management Committee
A $50 annual Garden User Fee per individual ($25 concession/unwaged) covers ongoing garden costs like irrigation, electricity, insurance etc. ALEC members with a ‘family’ membership only need to pay one Garden User Fee per family.
Become part of our vibrant garden community today by visiting the Community Garden's website.