Southern Deserts Ranger Tjunguringanyi
Spinifex Land Management Rangers invite you to join us at the inaugural Southern Desert Ranger Gathering and Workshop to be held at Ilkurka on the week of the 5-9th June 2017
The forum is an opportunity for Indigenous ranger teams to meet up and build their relationships, be part of information sharing forums, engage in ranger training exercises and peer to peer mentoring, all with the aim of strengthening regional Indigenous land management capacity across the desert.
What you need to know!
- Ilkurka is in the remote Great Victoria Desert about 800kms east from Kalgoorlie. Recommend good condition 4WD no matter which way people come. All routes through very remote country to very remote location.
- It will be a camping event so you need to bring your swag and blankets. It will be cold.
- The Ilkurka camp is well set up with toilets, shade and showers
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided
- Travel to and from Ilkurka will be supported
Please RSVP and fill in workshop program survey here and we'll be in touch with the program and event details.
Organised by the Indigenous Desert Alliance, Ten Deserts and Spinifex Land Management
Anne Beadall Highway
Ilkurlka, Western Australia 6440
Google map and directions