It is a critical time for our environment, and urgent action is required on climate change but if we work together we can bring about effective change.
ALEC's key objectives this year include:
- Lobbying the Northern Territory Government to adopt a climate policy with a target of net zero emissions by 2050.
- Contributing to the development of a robust environmental regulatory system in the NT
- Campaigning to ban fracking
- Working towards the vision of 100% renewable energy for Alice Springs by 2030
- Protecting the outback from inappropriate development like the Chandler Salt Mine toxic waste dump proposal
- Continuing to develop collaborative land management practices across the arid interior through the Ten Deserts project
- Encouraging Central Australian communities to become more sustainable through energy, water and waste education
Stay connected and let us know what's important to you by checking the boxes below.