In working together we can bring about effective change!
ALEC's key objectives this year include:
- Lobbying the Northern Territory Government to adopt a climate policy with a target of net zero emissions by 2050.
- Contributing to the development of a robust environmental regulatory system in the NT
- Campaigning to ban fracking
- Working towards the vision of 100% renewable energy for Alice Springs by 2030
- Protecting the outback from inappropriate development
- Continuing to develop collaborative land management practices across the arid interior through the Ten Deserts project
- Encouraging Central Australian communities to become more sustainable through energy, water and waste education
Stay connected and let us know what's important to you by checking the boxes below.