Food for Alice is a local food distribution project which advocates for sustainable and ethical local food.
What do we do:
- We reduce food waste buy buying backyard gardeners excess produce.
- We reduce food miles by offering people local produce
- We create an alternative to the supermarket duopoly
- We create a culture and community around local food
Food for Alice is a social enterprise of ALEC. We run a weekly farmer’s produce market on Saturdays 9-11am at the Arid Lands Environment Centre, 90 Gap Road.We source higher quality food from more local, ethical suppliers. We support farmers with sustainable practices and excellent produce and are looking for more growers every day! Most of our produce comes from private gardens, small-scale producers and the Alice Springs Community Garden.
What we sell:
- We sell seasonal, local fruit and vegetables.
- We also sell local honey, and eggs and can sell jam, pesto, and sauce if made in a registered kitchen.
Want to sell your veggies to Food For Alice?
Anyone can contribute to our market stall. Just let us know what you’ll be bringing to the markets. If we think we can sell your produce, we’ll buy it outright. We give 60% of the sale price to growers.
Sellers will need to:
- Fill out a tax invoice using your own ABN
- Or Sign a Statement by Supplier Form
Alternatively, you can donate your produce, or swap it for something else of the same value.
For more information call Carmel on 0409 180 61 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the latest news from Food For Alice here